Are you a Queensland based business?
The QLD Government are currently offering $10,000 grants to support businesses to adapt, take their offer online and bounce back strong from the COVID-19 crisis.
To be eligible, the business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
How much can you apply for?
Each business can receive up to $10,000
The funding can be used for projects aligned to business development and diversification. This could include building the business through marketing and communications activities, for example, web development, email marketing, SEO, training or development.
It’s important to note that this is not matched funding, this is a grant to cover the cost of adapting your business!
Are the services you provide eligible to be covered by this grant?
Absolutely, we have a number of packages that fall into these categories! There’s never been a better time to get started. Here’s how we can help.
We build beautiful, effective, high converting, custom WordPress Websites from scratch. Our Bud Essential WordPress Package is priced perfectly for this grant. We have streamlined processes in place to help you get your website up in a timely manner, so you can keep trading and build your presence online.
We also have limited packages available for membership / ecourse sites without the recurring subscription fee of some online learning platforms. If you’re looking to share your knowledge and sell digital courses, this one’s for you!
If you already have a website, we can support with helping your business get found online.
SEO is my favourite marketing strategy, as it helps you connect with clients at the exact time they’re aware of a problem, they’re looking for a solution and their ready to spend!
It’s also a great investment as it has a long term effect of your website traffic. Unlike other forms of advertising, even when you stop spending the money you’ll find the results continue, as opposed to ads where the traffic stops when the spend stops!
Training and development
We have a number of short ecourses available now, with a larger ecourse in the works. These courses teach you how to manage your social media more effectively, build and integrate your own email funnels, or build your own WordPress Website from scratch. Our larger ecourse is now available for early bird sign up, due to be released in April! Even if you currently have a WordPress website, this course will more effectively teach you how to manage and update your website as your business grows.
Grants open July 1
The QLD Goverment has stated that this funding will benefit approximately 10,000 QLD based businesses, so this funding won’t last long.
There is no set close dates, applications are being assessed, approved and paid as soon as they can be until all funding has been allocated.
Tips for your application
We’ve received, and supported businesses to receive funding in the past. My top tip for a successful application is to use and reflect the language the government do in their criteria, which is:
- to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience
- prepare for the safe resumption of trading in the post COVID-19 recovery
- access digital technologies to rebuild business operations and transition to a new way of doing business
- respond to online opportunities, where possible, to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth
- upskill and reskill business owners and staff to benefit from new technologies or business models
- embrace business diversification to adapt and sustain operations
- create or retain employment.
You generally have a word limit, but it’s important to explain clearly how the grant will help your business to continue trading, continue employing staff and taking revenue throughout this time.
What do I need to do?
We’re available to support your application with a tailored proposal. Click the link below to get in touch. We’ll send you through a PDF invoice to upload with your application and send you a reminder the day before applications reopen!